Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Barcelona, here we are!!!

I can't really believe it but...we are here!!

We arrived yesterday and were really tired. After we got settled in the room and found something to eat, we crashed from 2 to 7PM. When we came back to our senses we went out to check out La Rambla, the most famous tourist area of the city. Around 12AM we finally went to have tapas in Gracia, a neighborhood close to the one we live in. Then when we were ready to come home, we went to the metro and found out it stops running at 12AM!!! So we had to manage our way back to the apartment on foot! The good thing is that we had a map with us so we made it home safely. After that was sleep until this morning. Rafael is still sleeping :)) I think I'm back to normal now but I'll probably find out later in the afternoon.

Today we'll probably visit the school and meet with future IESE students! Can't wait to meet them all!!

3 comments:

Venturello said...

Bienvenida Carmen! I am a second year, doing my internship here in BCN. Been following your blog since the start, happy to see you made it fine. You'll love this city, it is very nice. Do you know that August is an atypical month? The city is very empty, many people leave for vacation... so the city feels different to its normal rhythm, and it's hot, full of tourists, the beach too crowded - but nevertheless its very good you got here this early.

Enjoy the city, rest, get some sleep... a tough, tough time is coming ahead. First year is very hard, also greatly rewarding and a lot of fun. I remember how nice it was to start meeting your friends for these two years.

Regards, good luck,

Juan Miguel Venturello

Gonzalo said...

Welcome to Spain!!!! See you in BCN

Carmen said...

Juan Miguel and Gonzalo,

Thank you for the warm welcome. I find Barcelona adorable but hot and humid at the same time. ;) It's quite different from Portland Oregon. I hope I will get acclimated soon. And yes, meeting the friends is quite a pleasure. I'll be blogging about this in the next post. If you are around and would not mind meeting for a coffee send me an email on the yahoo address posted on the forum. See you soon!