Tuesday, January 1, 2008

I'm still alive

Dear friends and random blog readers,

It's been a long time since I last wrote. For the last months I've been busy surviving the MBA. Can't lie and tell you it's all honey and roses because it's not. After the midterms I started to freak out, more or less questioning my decision to be in the program all together. Truly I did not expect it to be so challenging and demanding. Working was a breeze compared to school. So, after sleeping less then six hours per night and realizing all my time was spent at school or involved in school related activities, I started to think about taking a break from all the madness. I was under the impression that I was the only one going through the tough times but after talking to more people I realized many of my colleagues were sharing the pain.

By talking and listening to others I started to build back some confidence and hope for the future. In the process I also built some great friendships, which I hope to keep for the rest of my life. The best way I can describe my first semester at IESE is boot camp. I hope that the second semester will be much better, even though before we went on Christmas break we were handed a huge package with next semester's cases. Believe me I did not smile when I saw what expects me in the near future.

In the mean time I'm on vacation, enjoying every day as much as I can. I spent Christmas in Barcelona, then went to Romania for five days, returned to Barca just in time for New Year celebration and now I’m enjoying being a tourist in the city that never sleeps. Today, while visiting the Castle on Monjuic, I found myself smiling and thinking "Life is beautiful!" I hope this euphoric moment will less for a while because school is scheduled to start in less than a week and I expect life will go back to being unpleasant. Well, at least this time I know what to expect!

2 comments:

AA said...

Carmen, Happy New Year!

About the MBA... we'll make it through! :)

Carmen said...

Happy New Year! See you soon!